This recipe is perfect for you who don’t want to ‘miss’ the taste of the bacon while trying to avoid eating meats because of diet or, you simply just a vegan but want to taste again the feeling of eating the bacon.
You can also add this coconut bacon to salads, sandwich, soup and many more. It’s very addictive even just for a snack time.
The recipe is very easy to make, and you don’t need a lot of time to do it.
3 1/2 cups flaked coconut, unsweetened
2 tablespoons liquid smoke
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon Braggs liquid amino or soy sauce
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Mixture the liquid smoke, maple syrup, braggs, and water in a large mixing bowl.
3. Pour in flaked coconut, using a wooden spoon to gently toss the coconut in the liquid mixture. If adding smoked paprika, add and toss to coat evenly.
4. If the coconut has evenly coated, then pour the coconut onto a non-stick baking sheet and slide it the oven.
5. Bake for around 20-25 minutes, using a spatula to flip the ‘coconut bacon’ about every 5 minutes to make it cooks more evenly.
Always keep an eye on it and regularly flipping the ‘bacon’ if you don’t want this to burn out. Coconut bacon can be stored in a sealed bag or container, and you can also keep it in a refrigerator, but that’s optional. You can use it for up to a month.