If we are talking about the best rice cookers in this year then there are many kinds of candidate that we have out there. Rice cookers itself is quite a useful and functional cooking utility, especially for us who love to eat rice-based food than bread. Due to this reason, the overall features and ranges of the rice cookers have been evolved day by day and have become even greater and also modernized.
How to Choose the Best Rice Cookers for Your Home
Some people may find it difficult to select the best rice cooker for their home. There are a lot of things that need to be considered to find the most suitable rice cooker that will fulfill your needs. In this article, we will provide certain tips on how to choose the best rice cookers for your home.
Before explaining about how to choose the best rice cookers for your home, you have to know several things regarding your eating habits at home. This will be explained below:
- The frequency of rice cooking: if your family members are avid fans who eat rice daily, a rice cooker with induction heating or microprocessor will suit better. But for those who only cook occasionally, a simple cooker is enough.
- Versatility: if you have a small kitchen, you may want to have a multifunctional rice cooker that is able to steam and slow cook.
- A number of people eating: the more people, the bigger capacity of rice cooker you will need.
After considering several things above, it is time to look for the most suitable rice cooker for your home. The tips on how to choose the best rice cookers are listed below:
- Easy-to-use controls: most rice cookers only have a one-touch operation. More expensive models have digital controls that is surely user-friendly.
- Digital timer: digital rice cookers should have time indicator that will inform you how much time is left before your rice is cooked.
- Easy to clean: good rice cookers should have a nonstick interior that is easily washed.
- Cool exterior: the outside part of the rice cookers should be cool enough for you to touch during the use.
- Automatic warm feature: the rice cooker should be able to keep your rice warm.
- Measuring cup and rice spatula: the rice cooker should at least come with this tools.
List of the Top 7 Best Rice Cookers in 2018
Nowadays, you don’t have to manually cook rice by boiling it in common pan. With rice cookers, you are able to cook rice easily, with more consistent result, regardless the type of rice you are cooking. There are a lot of models that are offered on the market, and choosing one may be time-consuming for some people.
For you that are interested to find the rice cookers that are suitable to what your needs and also your budget/money, we will list 7 of the best rice cookers that can help you to cook rice easily and perfectly made.
1. Aroma 20-Cup Digital Rice Cooker and Food Steamer,(ARC-150SB) [BEST SELLER]
The first of the best rice cookers that we will be talking about first of all is the Aroma 20-cup digital rice cooker and food steamer. This rice cooker offers a wide array of features ranges from its large capacity that can hold for more than 20 cups of rice cooked and also easy to use utilities that will make your life easier because of its programmable digital control.
It has slow cook mode, brown rice cooking method, white rice cooking and also steams cooking method. It is one of the well-known products in the US and it is only priced for $36.92.
- Best Seller in the US
- Easy-to-use functions: Programmable digital controls with Steam, Slow Cook, Brown Rice, White Rice, Delay Timer (up to 15 hours) and automatic Keep-Warm.
- Nonstick inner cooking pot removes for quick cleanup and dishwasher safe
- Number 1 Rice Cooker Brand in the US
- Perfectly prepares 4 to 20 cups of cooked rice and automatically keeps it warm for hours
- Sometimes the bottom part gets a little brownish (overcooked)
2. Zojirushi NS-TSC10 5-1/2-Cup (Uncooked) Micom Rice Cooker and Warmer
The next rice cooker that we will be talking about is Zojirushi rice cooker. This cooker offers great features without having to spend a lot of money. Zojirushi NS-TSC10 equipped with unique micro fuzzy logic technology and some interesting features such as automatic warming mode and reheating cycle.
This rice cooker is also easy to be cleaned and built on a retractable power cord which makes it quite a portable style rice cooker.
- Automatic keep warm, extended keep warm and reheating cycle
- Micro computerized fuzzy logic technology
- Easy to clean and use
- Interchangeable melody and beep signal
- Built-in retractable power cord
- White rice cooks about 1 hour (regular)
3. Rosewill RHRC-13001
Another rice cooker that also using advanced technology is Rosewill RHRC 13001. It has one of the best LCD display and also 8 different programmed modes from quick, regular, soup, porridge, steam, cake, reheat and clay pot rice or brown rice cooking mode.
Additionally, this rice cooker is one of the most efficient rice cookers with fast cooking and precise cooking method suitable for busy people. This rice cooker itself is quite affordable with $54 of the price.
- LCD display and digital control
- Inner pot with non-stick coating
- 8 pre-programmed modes
- Stylish design
- Plastic material
4. Hamilton Beach Digital Simplicity
The next best rice cooker in 2018 is the Hamilton Beach rice cooker. This affordable rice cooker is priced for only $39 and also has many kinds of unique features such as the different option for cooking and simmers function that makes it effective for cooking in a precise and fast manner.
- 1-14 cups (COOKED) capacity
- Cooking functions work perfectly fine
- Great for rice, beans, whole grains and flavored pasta & rice mixes
- Unique heat / simmer function
5. Aroma 8-Cup Digital Rice Cooker (ARC-914SBD)
Looking for the best rice cooker other than the previous Aroma? Then the Aroma ARC-914SBD can be your alternative. This rice cooker offers almost the same type of features with its relatives such as easy to use, function with the different cooking system and also additional accessories.
What makes it different is the capacity which is only for 8 cups result. However, the price is also more affordable as it only priced for $29.50.
- It has the same functions with Aroma ARC-150SB
- Less capacity
6. Panasonic SR-DE103 5-Cup (Uncooked) “Fuzzy Logic” Rice Cooker
For the sixth place of the best rice cookers is comes from Panasonic. This one of the best rice cookers in 2018 that are priced for around $70 offers fuzzy logic technology that can control the power to heat the rice for more precise and consistent results, there are also some interesting features such as a digital screen, and clock timer.
- Micro-computer “Fuzzy Logic” for precise cooking and more consistent results
- Black pan with white anodizing for better tasting rice
- 12-Hour keep warm, 24-hour clock, large orange LCD read-out
- 8 Menus available include white/brown/sticky rice, steam, porridges, slow cook, 15-minute cook and cake
- plastic material
- Some directions mixed with Japanese text
7. Tiger Corporation JBV-A10U 5.5-Cup Micom Rice Cooker and Warmer with Tacook Plate
Finally, we come to the last place of the best rice cookers which is the Tiger Corporation JBV-A10U. One of the most interesting functions in this tool is the “tacook plate” which can make it possible to cook your main dish and rice at the same time.
This tool is very easy to use and also easy to clean. However, the cooker only equipped with 4 cooking menu settings. You can have this rice cooker for around $70.
- Syncro-cooking function “tacook” for cooking the main dish and rice at the same time
- One push operation
- Easy to use and clean non-stick coating inner pan
- The brown rice mode quite inaccurate
There are few considerations that we do when choosing the best rice cookers of 2018 above include capacity and construction, cooking technology, extra features, and price. The following products also can be taken lightly especially if you want to have a good quality rice cooker with an affordable price.
- Zojirushi NP-NVC10 Pressure Cooker: this product must-have for those who consume rice as daily foods. It has all the function to fulfill your needs without having too many hassles. The price is probably quite expensive on the market, but most of the buyer do not regret their decision.
- Aroma 10-Cup Digital Rice Cooker: for household needs, this product is less expensive and surely suitable, especially for a small household. It is also good for cooking both white and brown rice and is also able to steam vegetables. But its metal tray does not have any handle so you have to be careful.
- Hamilton Beach Digital Simplicity: it has higher rice yield and slightly more expensive price than Aroma. It is able to cook up to 20 cups of rice and suitable for basic rice cooking and vegetable steaming.
- Instant Pot IP-DUO60 Pressure Cooker: it offers versatile cooking options and optimum results. It has a sturdy design and works as a multi-purpose cooking machine. It also works faster with lesser energy usage than a steamer.
Overall, the top 7 best rice cookers of 2018 have their own special features. You can choose the rice cookers based on what you need and of course, based on the money you have.